Safety is one of our core business functions. We are committed to developing, implementing, maintaining and constantly improving strategies and processes to ensure that all our aviation activities take place under an appropriate allocation of organizational resources, aimed at achieving the highest level of safety performance and meeting regulatory requirements, while delivering our services.
All levels of management and all employees are accountable for the delivery of this highest level of safety performance, starting with the [chief executive officer (CEO)/ managing director/or as appropriate to the organization].
We are committed to:
• Support the management of safety through the provision of all appropriate resources, that will result in an organizational culture that fosters safe practices, encourages effective safety reporting and communication, and actively manages safety with the same attention to results as the attention to the results of the other management systems of the organization;
• Ensure the management of safety is a primary responsibility of all managers and employees;
• Clearly define for all staff, managers and employees alike, their accountabilities and responsibilities for the delivery of the organization‘s safety performance and the performance of our safety management system;
• Establish and operate hazard identification and risk management processes, including a hazard reporting system, in order to eliminate or mitigate the safety risks of the consequences of hazards resulting from our operations or activities to achieve continuous improvement in our safety performance;
• Ensure that no action will be taken against any employee who discloses a safety concern through the hazard reporting system, unless such disclosure indicates, beyond any reasonable doubt, gross negligence or a deliberate or wilful disregard of regulations or procedures;
• Comply with and, wherever possible, exceed, legislative and regulatory requirements and standards;
• Ensure that sufficient skilled and trained human resources are available to implement safety strategies and processes;
• Ensure that all staff are provided with adequate and appropriate aviation safety information and training, are competent in safety matters, and are allocated only tasks commensurate with their skills;
• Establish and measure our safety performance against realistic safety performance indicators and safety performance targets;
• Continually improve our safety performance through continuous monitoring and measurement, and regular review and adjustment of safety objectives and targets, and diligent achievement of these; and
• Ensure externally supplied systems and services to support our operations are delivered meeting our safety performance standards.